The Hills Series
We offer the Hills Series to help you understand who we are and to help you mature as a follower of Jesus. Whether you've been a Christian for years or you're just learning about Jesus, we think you'll find the Hills Series helpful. It's a group of clinics where you can ask questions about theology, Christian practices, or cultural issues that affect the church. Each month we offer one session in the series, and the sessions may be taken in any order. The series is held from 12:15-2:15 p.m. in our auditorium. A pizza lunch is served so you don't have to leave right after service to get lunch. You can register using your Welcome Card during our Sunday Service or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by registering online here. Free childcare is always available for children who are pre-registered.
When you've completed the series, if you've found that Hills Church is a good fit for you, we invite you to consider making us your church home through membership. Here's more information about each session:
- Beliefs (Learning what we believe and how we live it). People believe all different kinds of things when it comes to religion and spirituality. This session is designed to teach you the basic Christian principles we believe and live by at Hills Church. It's about our theology on the Trinity, what we believe about Jesus, the purpose of the church, how we remain culturally relevant while theologically conservative, and many other foundational truths that are important for Christians to be grounded in.
- Freedom (Growing in forgiveness and maturity). We all take different paths in life. Many of them lead us through hurt, shame, pain, and regret (sometimes through no fault of our own). You will learn that time doesn't heal every wound, it simply scars many of them over. This session of the Hills Series looks at the transformation Jesus does in us as we learn to follow and trust Him. It's about transparency, being known, being healed, maturing spiritually, and ultimately recognizing Jesus' freedom to do what He wants in us.
- Serving (Learning about spiritual gifts and how to use them). Every follower of Jesus has been given spiritual gifts. According to the Bible, spiritual gifts are given to us by Jesus for the common good. The goal is that we would be equipped to help one another grow to maturity and become the people, and the church, that Jesus intends us to be. This session of the Hills Series will help you discover more about your spiritual gifts and how to use them through serving. If you're interested in serving somewhere at Hills, this session will help you know the various areas where you might be able to serve and what might be a good fit for you.
- Community (Understanding involvement at a local church). Every person needs to have real relationship in their lives to do well. This session of the Hills Series is about being connected to the local church and relationships with each other. It's about what it means to commit your life to Jesus' mission with other people and not be a "Lone Ranger" Christian. It's about the importance of membership in a Church and learning that the church isn't something we go to on Sunday's; it's what we are every day!
- Find out when the first session of the Hills Series will begin this fall on our calendar.